Django

In my last post, I was talking about how I had made a nice little radio automation app in python. Since then I’ve completely restructured it and it is now split into a frontend and backend, which communicate with XML-RPC (yay for the xmlrpclib module). But the website to go with this project is not that great. The other day I went back to look at the website so far, which I had originally written in PHP. I got annoyed with how disorganised it was and decided to rewrite it in django. Oh. And I just prefer python coding over PHP now 🙂

I’ve been trying to learn django on and off for ages now. I usually lose concentration after the first two parts of the tutorial. But this time I had a purpose – the website. I’ve found the best way, for me to learn a new language, is to take a tutorial telling me how to make another project, but apply it to my own project. So I installed the SVN version of django and I’ve zoomed through a lot of django learning now. It’s great. It’s all nicely arranged and modular, which is something I’m liking more and more as my programming skills have developed and perhaps lazyness, when re-using code 🙂

I’ve also been using subversion to keep the code organised. I would have used bazaar if there had been a webdav plugin that worked with the current version I have. I suppose I’ll have to wait for intrepid for that then. subversion is serving me well though. I just got to get the person that’s supposed to be helping me to actually help me. Yes, that’s right – I’m looking at you Stephen.

8 comments ↓

#1 Paul on 08.14.08 at 12:34 pm

Is this for Twynham radio or for your own personal ends? When you leave Twynham you should come to Soton Uni and join Surge. The guy doing the website this year and last year is so incompetent it’s a joke.

#2 schwuk on 08.14.08 at 1:50 pm

Just wanted to make sure you knew about the Bazaar PPA if you were wanting to run a more up-to-date version than is in the repositories:

#3 Andrew Gee on 08.14.08 at 3:41 pm

@Paul: This will be for twynham radio hopefully. Just need to persuade them to get a linux based server :p
A lot of my inspiration actually came from surgeradio, and I’ve had a number of email conversations with people. Southampton does look like a good university to go to, and will probably be my first choice. Just have to get the grades needed 😀

@schwuk: Ah! I didn’t realise there was a PPA. Downloading now! Thanks!

#4 en marbella Delineados de cejas pelo & pelo on 12.10.17 at 6:01 am

Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a long time and yours
is the best I have found out so far. But, what in regards to the bottom line?
Are you certain concerning the supply?

#5 marbella Microblading de cejas pelo a pelo on 12.12.17 at 3:06 pm

I appreciate, lead to I discovered just what I used
to be having a look for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

#6 marbella Maquillaje Permanente de cejas pelo & pelo on 12.18.17 at 6:50 am

May I simply say what a comfort to find an individual who
actually understands what they are discussing on the internet.
You definitely know how to bring an issue to light
and make it important. More and more people should look at this
and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you’re
not more popular because you certainly have the gift.

#7 en marbella Micropigmentación cejas pelo por pelo on 12.20.17 at 2:15 pm

Outstanding post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
Thank you!

#8 en marbella Pigmentación cejas pelo por pelo on 12.24.17 at 10:31 am

Hi, its good piece of writing concerning media print, we all know media is a impressive source of information.